In Florida, spring can mean many things- the return of the heat, or in some cases lately, unseasonably cool evenings and mornings. At our Camden community, it can also mean fresh new flowers planted all around, groups of people lounging and barbequing by the pool, and the dog park being occupied at all hours of the day.
It can ALSO mean it’s time to get a fresh start in your apartment or home in the form of getting rid of last winter’s old clothes to make room for spring clothing! (Which is personally my favorite part of spring). If spring cleaning is your idea of a refreshing way to start the season, but you aren’t sure where to being, here are some helpful tips on how to get started!
1) Update your linens – Nothing says fresh more than a new or freshly laundered set of sheets. Make sure to use fabric softener!
2) Clean your blinds – Aluminum blinds can be washed outdoors with water and a noncorrosive cleaner. You can also use wood cleaner on wooden blinds using a dry sponge.
3) Clean out that fridge – The refrigerator can seem to be an overwhelming task at first- make sure throw away all food or condiments that might be expired and then wipe down any spills or messes you may find. You can clean the inside with a mixture of two teaspoons of baking soda and a quart of water. Make sure not to forget the drawers!
4) Clean out your closet – Sometimes you forget about last year’s spring clothes because last winter’s clothes are in the way! Go through your closet and get rid of old clothes that you no longer wear- a good rule of thumb is that if you haven’t worn them in a year get rid of them. You can donate to a local Salvation Army or Good Will or even to a Plato’s Closet!
5) Deep clean carpets or rugs – You can either rent a deep cleaning carpet cleaner or ask your apartment community if they offer a free cleaning upon renewal!
These are just a few ways to get started in making your home a cleaner place to start the spring. Happy Cleaning!