Spring is upon us! A season filled with wonderful temperatures, great weather, happy spirits and much time and ability to do those things Winter would not/could not allow.
This would be the ideal time for a Bucket List!
1. Visit a Farmers Market! With the weather changing, the area farmers are showcasing and selling their best fruit and vegetables. Take a stroll in an outdoor Farmers Market, whether you live in the city or the country. You are guaranteed to overwhelm the senses and walk away with some healthy, homegrown treats.
2. Fly a Kite! I bet the last time you flew a kite was when you were a child. Why stop there? Get back out there and enjoy the freedom of flying a kite. Not only is this a fun activity, hence the reason we loved to do it as children, but there is nothing more freeing than watching a weightless kite soar through the skies being controlled only by the wind and a string.
3. Hand wash your car! During the Winter washing cars is NOT an option. No one wants to go outside, let alone come close to water. With the temperatures rising, why not show your sweet chariot some love? Get the bubbles, hoses and handheld vacuums out and take care of your humble steed!
4. Clean, Clean, Clean! Ever heard of the phrase “Spring Cleaning”? Because we basically “hibernate” during the Winter, just like bears, when it is finally nice and warm outside, we usually feel the urge to clean and sort of “restart” our year…. Tear apart your home, re-decorate, paint walls – Spring is the time to do it!
5. Fill a Sketchbook! Art can be such a relaxing and enjoyable way to pass the time. Now that the weather is looking up, sitting in a park, laying at a swimming pool or lounging on a rooftop pool deck while sketching can serve as a form of therapy. With great colors to work with and loads of inspiration all around you, give this a try. I promise you will come out of it feeling peaceful and relaxed, not to mention the channeling of creativity you will be doing.
6. Tour a Botanical Garden! Spring time brings the blooming of flowers. Everyone is waking from the Winter slumber, not just you. The roses, cherry blossoms, tulips and many many more are making their way back into the world, ready to make our surrounding areas a much brighter and more colorful place. I cant think of a much better place to explore these colors than a Botanical Garden. Not something we do on a regular basis, I would definitely suggest it.
The Spring opens up the door to a new, warm season. The drab of Winter has departed and fills us with a new hope and desire to mix and mingle. There is no better way to do that than opening the door to new possibilities. Enjoy this bucket list and hoping someone can find peace, tranquility and fun from it.