Ahhhhh… It’s Labor day! What a great weekend for relaxation, bar-b-ques, and of course football! However, if you’re in the Atlanta area this weekend you may have other things on your mind. It seems as if people come from near and far to participate in the amazing events ATL puts on which are sure not to disappoint. Here, I will go over a few of the great attractions so that perhaps you can check out a few.
• The Atlanta Dragon-Con is similar to ComicCon but perhaps our parade is better!? The parade is made up of hardcore fans that dress up as their favorite fictional character and march through Downtown Atlanta. It starts on August 30th at 10:00 AM.
• The Atlanta Braves take on the Miami Marlins:
Fri, 8/29 Marlins 7:35pm
Sat, 8/30 Marlins 7:10pm
Sun, 8/31 Marlins 5:10pm
• Black Gay Pride is a celebration that floods the streets of Atlanta all weekend long. Party promoters advertise parties each night of the week, which wraps off with a Parade through Downtown Atlanta Sunday Afternoon.
• House Music In the Park is going to be great on Sunday. This even stars around noon and ends at 8pm in Piedmont Park.
• Georgia Tech opens its football season on Saturday against the Wofford Terriers at Bobby Dodd Stadium
• And of course, there will fireworks at Stone Mountain Park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
So, whether you are in town for the weekend, or an Atlantian you are sure to find something to get into. The weather is supposed to be nice, but traffic is supposed to be horrible. So plan accordingly, obey parking signs, and have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend!