Food prep is a really popular thing to do to get your week organized. I am a master of food prep and spend a few hours every weekend cooking and freezing food that I can eat throughout the week. Don’t let it scare you – food prep can be easy and take so much stress off you as you rush to pack a breakfast or lunch in the morning.
I am pretty worthless at home on weekdays. I don’t want to cook, clean or do anything that doesn’t involve watching Game of Thrones. This can make it hard because I also pack my breakfast and lunch every day to save money. So, my shortcut? Prep it ahead of time. My favorite food prep item is a breakfast bowl. This is a cheap, healthy option to a breakfast sandwich or taco. Here are my steps:
- Have all your ingredients and plastic bowls ready.
- Sauté potatoes and add a little in each bowl.
- Sauté vegetables and add on top of the potatoes.
- Cook ground turkey and add on top of the vegetables.
- Scramble eggs and add on top of the turkey.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each bowl.
- Throw on the lids and pop in the freezer!
Here’s a quick video to show you how I did it.
Now you’ve got your bowls frozen you can just pop them in your Camden microwave when you’re ready to eat one! Play with the ingredients to make your breakfast bowl as delicious as you want it.