Summer season is officially here and with it comes the HEAT! The weather temperatures across the US are on the rise and there doesn’t seem to be any sign of relieve from this summer heat. With temperatures reaching in the upper 90’s and even the 100’s in some parts of the region, this is the time of year when water
consumption is most crucial. I can probably think of at least 10 other things that I would rather pick up and drink other than water, but water consumption is so important in extreme heat.
As we all know, water is so important for our health in so many ways. Water makes up about 2/3 of our bodies and we wouldn’t be able to survive without it. Each and every day our body loses water due to natural processes by our bodies so we must replenish the water loss by in taking water every day. This means we need to be drinking water even when we are not thirsty. Since I tend to gravitate towards anything other than water, I have challenged myself to a water challenge in order to ensure that I am drinking enough fluids throughout the day. I will admit, this looks a bit scary to me but I love the idea and concept behind it! We all need a little motivation to drink our daily water! So everyone grab their jug and let’s get it ready for our daily water challenge!
The water challenge is very simple. You challenge yourself to drink a gallon of water every day for the next 30 days. No sweetened or carbonated drinks are allowed. Zero alcohol is allowed. Come up with a drinking plan to get all of your water drank within the day. You don’t want to drink all of your water all at once, so divide your day up with the amount of water you will drink by designated times. That is why this jug is an awesome tool to gage your consumption throughout the day. You can mark your jug with goals and time frames from top to bottom so you can stay on track with your goal. Add a few fun motivational statements on your jug to keep you going as you work through the gallon!
Now you may be asking, what is the benefit to me drinking a gallon of water every day? Answer: Because it is healthy for you!
I understand that you are probably looking for a little more than that. We all realize that drinking water is the healthy choice but why should you give up the sweet tea, cokes, or alcohol? It is not easy and I am certainly not saying that it is or it will be, however, I do feel like the benefits of the water challenge are worth trying out! Most things that are new to us require adjustments, but then we get used to it and it becomes part of our routine.
1. Your bathroom sessions will be more pleasant. You will eliminate toxins from your body by frequent urination but you will also cleanse your colon with a perfect poop every morning.
2. Your skin will look and feel healthier. Ladies the wrinkles will begin to disappear and become less noticeable!
3. Weight loss! Who doesn’t love to lose a few pounds? It will not be any extreme weight loss; however, you will lose a few pounds during this challenge. Some people lose up to 10lbs within the 30 days.
4. Your body will thank you! Your body will feel better, look better, and function better!
5. If you look and feel better then you will certainly want to live better! You can live in excellence at one of our many Camden Apartment homes that are located across the country.
Summer is here and let’s face it… It is hot outside! Nothing is better than water on these hot summer days! So now is the perfect time to start and master this water challenge! Join me as we tackle this challenge together! Together we CAN do it! Are you up for the challenge?