Everyone knows the world is gradually leaning more and more on technology. Whether it is social media, online shopping, or streaming movies, everything and everyone are starting to depend on reviews to know where to go and what to do. Here’s where you come in!
Yelp was founded over 11 years ago to help people find great local businesses through reviews. It’s crazy to think that Yelp had a monthly average of 89 million users who visited Yelp via their mobile device in just Q3 of 2015 alone. Another fun fact: Yelpers will have written more than 90 million reviews by the end of Q3 2015.
So, why should you become a “Yelper?”
- Experience – by sharing your experience, you really let whatever or whomever you may be reviewing know what you liked best and what they need to change. Whether your review is good or bad, it will let the owners/employees know how they impressed you and also how they need to improve.
- Value – we all know there are some amazing things and companies out there that we can’t live without. Share what you love so that others can find what they may be lacking! If your eyebrows are #OnFleek and you love the people that did them, share a picture to show the world just how amazing they are!
- Trust – if you go and review a service or product as well as 2,000 other people, clearly it’s a popping place or product. Whereas, if there is only a description and no reviews it looks a little sketchy. Put your opinion out there! It really does matter!
All in all, Yelp is a global review site that most everyone relies on. Whether you and your significant other are stuck in a never ending argument about what you want to eat, or if you just need some cool place to go shopping, Yelp basically has it all. It’s the #TotalPackage where you can find everything you will ever need.
If you are just dying for your voice to be heard, you should definitely look into getting your Yelp account set up. Your review really does help, no matter what. Whether it allows for an improvement or just gives someone a shout out for doing an awesome job, put it out there because your opinion of your experience matters. It can be a great source of motivation and encouragement as well as getting a product or service out there so people know about it. We only have one world so we might as well all talk about it.
Now that you are completely immersed in Yelp culture, there are several things that will help get you the prized super yelper status you desire. First off you have to create an account. Luckily for you, below are several steps explaining how to do that!
How to create a Yelp account:
- Visit Yelp.com or download the Yelp app on your SmartPhone
- Create an account by clicking ‘Sign Up’
- Add a photo, write a quick bio, and connect with some friends!
- Write and read reviews, get directions, view menus or browse nearby offerings.
- Utilize the ‘check-in’ feature to unlock special discounts at participating businesses.
There it is! Super simple and easy, there really isn’t a whole lot to it. Yelp really does help. So as soon as you’re ready, create your account, add some friends, and get to reviewing! Review your favorite restaurants, your favorite stores, and any other business you might have in mind.
Oh, and if you happen to be a Camden resident, or are looking at any Camden communities, stop by their Yelp page and give them a review! For further reading check out this blog about apartments and review sites!