I’m about to make your life so much easier. It’s ok, you can thank me later. 🙂
There’s only so much time in the day and I know you’re super busy- so let’s just cut to the chase. You NEED these 5 items in your home today. Not only will they save you time and energy, but you’ll have peace of mind like never before with convenience at your fingertips!
- Have a smartphone? Download this app: IFTTT (IF This Then That) -You can upgrade your home’s IQ through these six efficiency recipes- https://ifttt.com/categories/connect-your-home (All of the items listed below are compatible with the app for increased efficiency, convenience, and overall amazingness!)
- Purchase a Philips Hue Light Kit to automate your lighting based on your schedule or mood and save greatly on your electricity bills! Philips Hue Ambiance Starter Kit – I purchased this kit for my husband’s birthday and he loves it!
- Check out The Nest Learning Thermostat– The Nest Learning Thermostat automatically adapts as your life and the seasons chage. Just use it for a week and it programs itself. (from nest.com) Can you imagine the savings?!
- “The Wi-Fi enabled WeMo Insight Switch connects your home appliances and electronic devices to your Wi-Fi network, allowing you to turn devices on or off, program customized notifications and change device status – from anywhere. WeMo Insight Switch can monitor your electronics and will send information about the device’s energy usage directly to your smartphone or tablet. Perfect to pair with space heaters, wall A/C units, TVs, washers, dryers, fans, lights and more.” (from http://www.belkin.com) Enough Said.
- Can’t tell what this is? I wouldn’t be able to either had I not found out that its part of Scout Alarm System! This little guy is a motion detector and has partners including access sensors, door panels, and a central hub, all of which can be installed with no tools necessary in a matter of minutes!
While the initial investment in all of these items may seem a bit much, the savings you will receive in the long run will add up for sure. Once you add some of these luxurious upgrades to your home, share some pics with us or comment below! Happy apartment living!
Want to be a blogger like me? Come work for Camden! You can browse open jobs here.