Nothing is worse than having a day off with friends and just wanting to have fun, but have no idea what to do. Well, if you’re lucky enough to live in the beautiful and fun filled city of Denver, there’s an overwhelming amount of places to go and activities to take part in, no matter what time of year it is… The hard part is figuring out where to start and deciding what you want to do the most!
Here are the top 7 indoor things to do in Denver
- Sports. It’s tough to live in the Mile High City and not enjoy watching some kind of sporting event, whether you like rooting for the Colorado teams or cheering on teams from other states. Stop by the Pepsi Center and catch an Avalanche game or watch the Nuggets take on the visiting teams. If you’re balling on a budget and not able to make it to a game, that doesn’t mean you can’t watch it. There’s tons of sports bars around Denver with great food. Stop by the Blake Street Tavern in Denver or venture south of the city to Greenwood Village and check out the Sportsbook to cheer on your teams with your fellow sports fans!
Avalanche Game at the Pepsi Center
- Food and Drink. There are hundreds of places in the Denver area to get great food and/or drinks. Try Denver Biscuit Company for great, filling, and unique breakfast dishes (I recommend going on a weekday to avoid longer wait times). Or stop by Lucky Pie Pizza & Taphouse for creative and delicious pizzas and a variety of craft beers. If you’re in more of a thirsty mood, there are hundreds of breweries in the area to scope out with friends, but remember to drink responsibly. Some of the most popular places to go include Breckenridge Brewery, Great Divide Brewing Company, and the touristy Coors Factory which even has free tours of the brewery, showing you how their beer is made and the history of the company (did I mention you get free samples?).
“The Dahlia” from Denver Biscuit Company
- Games. You’re never too old for fun, games, and winning prizes. Swing by Dave & Busters for some arcade games, or have some competitive bowling fun with friends at Lucky Strike Lanes.
- Museums. If you like to learn and discover new things or just in the mood to see something cool, Denver has a lot of fantastic museums. You’ve got the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (which also has one of the best views of the city with the Rockies in the background), Denver Art Museum, the Downtown Aquarium, and more. The museums are great for both adults and children!
Part of the Egypt Exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Indoor Skydiving. If you’re looking for a bit of a thrill then iFLY Indoor Skydiving near Park Meadows and Yosemite is the place for you! They have multiple packages and deals to choose from for individuals and groups starting at $59.95.
- Movies. Sometimes when looking for things to do, all you need is a new movie, a giant screen in a dark theater, surround sound, and someone to enjoy it with. Denver and its surrounding areas have theaters everywhere, some movie theaters even have dine-in options where you can have food and drink service from your own seat inside the theater. There’s many ways to find theaters and movie times nearest to you. One of the most popular and convenient ways to do this is by visiting Fandango on your smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
- Crafting. If you like getting your creative juices flowing, try out places that give artistic activities a twist like Canvas and Cocktails or Upstairs Circus. Upstairs circus is one of my favorite places to go with friends, they have a wide variety of crafts to choose from and supply you with everything you need for those crafts. You can bring your own food and snacks or order food and drinks from their bar.
Many of these places are walking distance from a light rail station. Our residents at Camden Belleview Station are lucky enough to be in walking distance of a light rail as well as our up and coming Camden Lincoln Station being built in Lone Tree opening in Fall 2016. To save money on parking fees and gas, check out the RTD Rail System Map to locate the nearest station to you and get going on your day of fun!
Coming soon: 8 Ways to Have Fun Outdoors in Denver!