Being a working mom can be so rewarding yet tough at the same time. It takes a lot of organization and time management skills, communication, perseverance, meal planning and patience. Don’t forget about the tears that will be shed when you drop your little one off at daycare for the first time. It’s normal, I promise!
But I love balancing my new Camden career while being a mom to my five-month-old baby boy. Having a career and being a mom is totally doable!
Here is how myself and other working women balance being a mom with a career:
Amy Funk, Regional Vice President
- Being a mom is a full time job in itself, so treat it like that!
- Make sure to shut down the day job to focus on being just mom!
- It’s so important to give your child all of you when you get home.
Ashlea Wright, Executive Assistant
- Make the time you spend with your kids matter.
- To help us get more quality time with our kids, we reward good behavior with special activities like ‘donuts with dad’ or ‘zoo with mom’.
- We just want to create lasting memories for them.
Sana Din Fox, Leasing Consultant
- Be caught up and organized as much as possible at work.
- You can go home and sleep at night knowing you did your best for your job and as a mom.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! It definitely takes a village to raise a kid and I wouldn’t be able to do it without the help of my understanding co-workers and loving parents.
Lisa Mohr, Project Manager
- Do your best to be present in the moment, whether you are at work or at home.
- I try hard to keep my focus on the job at hand while I am in the office and that allows me to leave feeling good about my accomplishments each day.
- Then I can focus on my family in the evenings.
Sabrina Skiles, Business Relations Specialist
- Make a checklist every day at work and check off every task once completed.
- Learn to love meal prepping and crock pot meals! It’s one less thing we have to worry about during the week.
- We have that much more time to spend with our little one and more quality time with each other.
What makes balancing a work and home life easy is working for a company that understands the importance of having both. Working at Camden does just that. I feel lucky to be apart of the Camden family.
Don’t forget to check out the first part of this series: The Top 5 Things Camden Does for Working Moms.
Want to be apart of the Camden Family? Click here for our job openings.