Who doesn’t love a good style hack? Especially when it’s hassle free, takes a few snips here and there, some tying and no sewing. Have you looked in your closet lately? In your dresser drawers? I know I have and it’s sad to say that I have an ample amount of t-shirts that A. don’t fit me anymore and B. that just need to be thrown away because, well, they are just blah. Trust me, your closet at home will thank me and so will your wallet.
Why not up-cycle your t-shirts?
Here are six ways to do just that:
- The t-shirt tote bag – This multi-use bag is incredibly versatile and can be so unique depending on the t-shirt you use. Dress it up, dress it down. Can be used as a reusable grocery bag, diaper bag, purse, laundry bag, beach bag etc.
- Crisscross back t-shirt – Who’s ready for summer? I know I am. This crisscross back t-shirt is perfect as a beach or pool cover up or can be worn with a pair of jeans or shorts. The choices are endless.
- Vest – This no sew project makes a great accent piece to any outfit. All you need is a LG or XL t-shirt and scissors! Get cuttin’!
- Headband – I have just a slight obsession with headbands. You can dress them up, dress them down. Wear them when your cleaning your house, going to gym, grocery shopping, you name it. Plus, this one only takes about 2 minutes to make! You’ll be a headband hoarder in no time!
- DIY One shoulder shirt – This would be my favorite t-shirt DIY hack! Create an awesome one shoulder shirt from a boxy tee with no sewing! All you need are scissors, chalk and a t-shirt.
- The whopping 8 second shirt to skirt – You will be blown away at how ridiculously easy this is!Use your old long sleeve shirt and put your body through the top where your head would normally go. Then use the two sleeves to create a nice bow. You can tie the bow tightly or feel free to sew or glue for a permanent skirt.
Enjoy hacking up those old t-shirts and turning them into to something beautiful! Looking for more DIY projects? Check these out: