Summer is upon us and we will all be packing up and heading on warm weather getaways. According to travel.usnews.com, there are some destinations that get more travel than others. Looking for something new and exciting to do with your summer vacation? Try these destinations for size:
5) Mykonos: Known as ‘The Island of the Winds” by locals, this Greek island is a tropical paradise. Equipped with sun, sand, warm weather and great atmosphere, any traveler would be happy to find themselves in this Mediterranean heaven. Mykonos is a great spot for the vacation party goer. This island supposedly is home to some of the best clubs in Greece. Fun fact: The sun shines up to 300 days a year here!
4) Fiji: Known for white sandy beaches and year round tropical temperatures, Fiji is the ultimate vacation spot. Home to botanical gardens, sand dunes, forest parks and outter island scuba diving, this vacation is sure to be one of a kind. You may have to use a little more vacation time than planned, but I wouldn’t doubt that this would be worth your while.
3) Nice: Now, having been here myself, this is a vacation spot that I would suggest to anyone. There is a reason the French call it “Nice La Belle” (translates to ‘Nice the beautiful’). Located on the southern coast of France, right on the Mediterranean Sea, Nice is France’s 2nd most popular city to visit after the “City of Love”, Paris. Light blue waters, French culture and beautiful weather are all reasons to pay Nice a visit.
2) Paris: We will stay in France and explore Paris, the “City of Love”. As the capital of France, there is much to see and do in Paris. Visit the Eiffel Tower or come during Fashion Week, Paris never disappoints. Home to some of the most amazing revolutionary sights, Paris is truly a gem. I have heard many a person say that they have found themselves in this amazing city.
1) Maui: Switching gears, we head back to the homeland and explore our island state, Hawaii! Maui is Hawaii’s 2nd largest island. Known for snorkeling, wind surfing, surfing, kiteboarding and kitesurfing, Maui is a great place to go with the family or for a romantic couple’s getaway. Not that far from the world we live in, Hawaii makes for an affordable and close island getaway, Perfect for those of us with vacation hour balances.
For those of us that are lucky enough to be able to travel during the summer break, these are great places to go. Maybe this blog will inspire you to go!